Assistant Accountant Job Profile and Description
The job of an assistant accountant is to take care of different accounting requirements of the company. He works under the guidance and instructions of the Chief accountant of the company. In most of the companies, the assistant accountant is part of the accounting team.
Assistant Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an assistant accountant revolve around ensuring accurate and precise accounting in a company. The major duties and responsibilities of an assistant accountant are:
- He or she will have to prepare various financial statements related to the accounting department such as invoice sheets, receipts, credit statements and expense accounts
- He or she will have to make the journal entries into respective journals and ledgers from time to time perfectly.
- He or she will have to prepare the final accounts like balance sheets
- He or she will have to report his or her work to the chief accountant with financial reports of the time.
- He or she will have to check whether all the finances are up to dated and take care of agreements such as lease agreements
- He or she will also have to look in inventory to ensure the match of purchase orders and receipts
- He or she will have to ensure about the checks and drafts of company that they are archived and organized in a systematic manner
- He or she will have to keep track of all financial dealings of the company on a daily basis
- He or she will have to do all the work on computers such as making computerized entries of various financial details
- Responsibilities of an assistant accountant may include training subordinates also.
Assistant Accountant Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications of an assistant accountant are:
- The candidate should have the thoroughly knowledge about accounting system of the company
- The candidate should be very dedicated and devoted to their work so a keen eye should be put to detail and ability to spot financial errors
- The candidate should have extraordinary communication skills
- The candidate should have the ability to work with high precision in all financial preparations
Assistant Accountant Education and Qualification
The education and qualifications of an assistant accountant are:
- Candidate should at least have a college bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Candidate should be certified in CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or other related certificates like CFA
Assistant Accountants Salary
The salary of an assistant accountant is also subject to place of work and basically depends on his or her experience in the field. While an entry level accountant may earn between $20,000 and $45,000, an assistant accountant with more than 20 years experience can make up to $64,000 per annum.
Popular Job Description Search:
- assistant accountant job description
- assistant accountant job description sample
- job description of assistant accountant
- sample job description of assistant accountant
- assistant account job description
- assistant accountant duties
- job description assistant accountant
- sample job description for assistant accountant
- assistant chief accountant job description
- job profile of accountant assistant
Filed in: Account Job Descriptions