Junior Accountant Job Profile and Description
The Junior Accountant basically has to work of accounting but reports to the controller who is mostly the senior accountant. The Junior Accountant assists the senior accountant in the daily operations of the finance department, of monthly accounts, assists in account payments, receivables, and preparation of monthly profit and loss statements, maintain balance sheets, subsidiary ledgers and assisting on running financial projects. He or she basically has to do the work related to general accounting such as preparing journal entries, monthly closing and accounting analysis
Junior Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
- He or she will be responsible for maintaining the balance sheets of the company..
- He or she has to prepare and manage budgets and maintain them..
- He or she has to assist the senior accountants and help them..
- He or she will be responsible for entry of investment data and as well as in entry on gains and loss.
- He or she has to do all the basic works of an accountant such as reconciliation of balance sheets accounts, petty cash payments, payroll related payables, loan and notes receivables and deferring of income accounts.
- He or she has to do the compilation entry, and posting monthly adjusting journal entries.
- He or she should have to prepare profit and loss accounts.
- He or she has to assist senior accountants in preparing audit schedules and working for the auditing also so closely with the auditors to ensure that auditing is completed in time.
- He or she will have to assist with closing the books and in producing monthly accounts showing profit and loss statements.
- He or she will have to be in touch with the senior accountant on daily basis as it is the job of reporting to them and assist them on special projects.
- He or she will have to assist with accounts receivables and payables also to lessen the workload.
- He or she should also have to maintain internal financial controls and associated procedures.
Junior Accountant Skills and Requirements
- He or she should have the attention power for the detailed work and accuracy in accounting procedures.
- He or she should be a good planner and organizer.
- He or she should have the skills of good writing and spoken communication.
- He or she should be very good in scheduling and monitoring skills.
- He or she should be initiative and innovative with the work.
- He or she should be very good at problem analysis and problem solving.
- He or she should have the ability to work in a team and relating well with other staff members.
Junior Accountant Education and Qualifications
- The candidate should have at least bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- The candidate should be very proficient in use of accounting software like workbooks, Microsoft Excel.
- As it is the job of an accountant knowledge and proficiency of finance and accounting principles is very necessary.
- Candidate having some past accounting experience of one or two year in financial reporting and general ledger entry will be more beneficial
Junior Accountant Salary
- The salary of an junior accountant is basically around $50,000 per year and it depends up on he ability and specification of the candidate
Popular Job Description Search:
- junior accountant job description
- jr accountant job description
- junior accountant job description sample
- job description of junior accountant
- junior accountant responsibilities
- job description of accountant
- junior accountant duties
- job description junior accountant
- job description for junior accountant
- accountant job description sample
Filed in: Account Job Descriptions