Project Accountant Job Profile and Description
Project Accountant is basically called the internal auditor of the company .He or she actually assist to project manager in preparing daily and monthly progress invoices for work performed during the process. They provide information about internal distribution of financial information by interpreting the data. It shows operating results as profit and performance against budget model. They actually maintain accuracy in cash expenditure data and assure that the controls are followed .They prepare sub request of payment for all contractors and suppliers. They make all required paperwork updated. They verify all project accounting databases maintaining timely, security of database. They have to communicate directly with owner, parties, contactors, subcontractors, financial department and project team. Project Accountant also observes other special activities and responsibilities, which are under the control of project Manager as he or she has to assist project accountant.
Project Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
- A project accountant has to prepare sub request of payment for all contractors and suppliers or parties.
- As it is the job of assisting project accountant so he or she should be participating closely with project manager.
Project Accountant Skills and Specifications
- The candidate should have the ability to work efficiently on a job site.
- The candidate should be well educated in Computer. He or she should be familiar with Word, Excel and AS400.
- The candidate should have some past experience of minimum 5 years of working in the accounting field.
- The candidate should have the knowledge on Bonding, Insurance and Construction Lien legislation.
Project Accountant Education and Qualification
- Basic degree: Candidate should have at least a bachelor’s degree in business administration and accounting related major.
- Applicants having some past experience of working in same field will be given preference.
Project Accountant Job Salary
- The salary is basically depends up on the experience of the candidate in the field therefore it changes from company to company. The salary of a Project Accountants can be $500 – $1500 on monthly basis.
- In this field the increment in salary can be 15 to 18% per year.
Popular Job Description Search:
- project accountant job description sample
- project accountant duties responsibilities
- construction project accountant job description
- project accounting job description
- project accountant description
Filed in: Account Job Descriptions