Refunds accounting job profile and description
The refund accounting job is basically meant to provide refunds to the clients. Refunds accounting jobs are of different cadres such as refund clerk, refund accountant and refund manager. All the refund jobs are meant to provide refunds to clients on return of merchandize or when products and services provided by the company are not satisfactory to the client. These jobs exist in all sectors such as airlines, travel and transport, educational institutions, retail and medical facilities, to name a few.
Refunds accounting duties and responsibilities
Refunds are a liability to a company and hence, it is a process that is taken up with a lot of care. In most cases, authentic claims are granted but every claim has to be evaluated from all aspects in order to check authenticity. The duties and responsibilities of a refunds accounting job are:
- First of all a refund accountant has to evaluate the authenticity of the refund claim by the clients.
- An accountant has to process the refund claim in keeping attention with the rules and regulations of the company
- He or she will have to see and when the claim amount is big should acquire the approval from higher authorities in the management
- In the case of permissions are required for any work then he or she will have to apply to the concerned government agency, banks and financial institutions
- He or she will have to check all the information about the claim such as various details about the refund claim such as validity dates and conditions of refund
- He or she will have to archive and inspects all the data very keenly and will have to organize all the data and then at last computerizing the documents
- He or she will have to prepare account statements and records for all refund processes which has done and then at last have to computerize them.
Refunds accounting skills and specifications
The skills and specifications of a refund accounting job are:
- The candidate should have the Excellency in all the information related to accounts so he or she should have the accounting abilities, in both manual and computerized computation as it is needed for the job.
- The candidate should have skills and specifications in analysis of anything because it is needed to evaluate refund claims by customers
- The candidate should have the most required quality which is communication so he or she should have the very good communication skills
- The candidate should have the ability to work with the present mind always and should have the high accuracy and precision in preparing and maintaining refund records of the company.
Refunds accounting education and qualification
Basic degree: The basic degree required for the post is at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance. Other education and qualifications required for a refund accounting job is having some past experience in accounting.
Refunds accounting job salary
The salary for the post of a refunds accounting clerk can be up to $32,000 yearly.