Document Controller Job Profile and Description
A document controller is basically has to do the work related to documents. He or she is actually responsible for the overall control of all company documents. This kind of task emphasize on submissions of files and the task is more on proper document keeping and communicating with other departments regarding documents and files. A document controller must submit documents before the given deadline in order to avoid jeopardizing other departments because of a late submission of a document or file.
Job description and primary responsibilities of a document controller:
A document controller needs to do a lot of work of documents and here are some of the major duties and responsibilities of a document controller:
- A document controller should exactly know everything about the documents and is responsible for coordinating with all departments of the company in order to assure that all documents are kept in the right place and in the right department file archive.
- He or she should ensure that all corporate documents are well checked and submitted on time prior to the documents submission due date.
- The major responsibility of a document controller is that he should edit documents that have typographical errors and other types of errors that may lead to the disqualification of a document.
- He or she will have the duties of overseeing the employees and the work because it is a fact that not all the employees follow the standard measures.
- He or she should regular audit on corporate documents in order to ensure that all documents are properly submitted to other departments which are very necessary.
- A document controller is responsible for the validation of documents so will have to see that file validation and document controlling are going to the proper department.
- It is the responsibility of a document controller that he or she should check the file or document submitting it should be checked and approved.
- This is the task of a document controller that all files submitted are approved by the superior in charge time to time.
- A document controller should have to audit the documents and will have to perform the evaluations in the whole company
- He or she will have to keep the rules, regulations and the principles in mind and will have to submit the documents effectively with the help of them.
- A document controller should follow the company’s standard operating procedures in submissions of documents.
- He or she should take the standard document submissions
- He or she will have to take care about the time also and should submit the corporate documents punctually and with quality.
- It is the major responsibility of a document controller that they should be checked with the standard quality as documents with poor quality may lead to further an operational problem that is why it is important to submit each document with standard quality.
- He or she will have to ensure that all the confusions are cleared that all documents have no errors in file-names, submissions, etc before submitting it to the nest department to avoid confusion.
- He or she will have to prepare all documents on time and will have to communicate with employees in order to make submissions early which are part of the job description of a document controller.
Popular Job Description Search:
- document controller job description
- document control job description
- document controller responsibilities
- job description of document controller
- job description for document controller
- job description document control
- job description document controller
- document controller duties and responsibilities
- job description of a document controller
- duties and responsibilities of document controller
Filed in: Administration Job Description