Executive Assistant Job Profile and Description
An executive assistant is basically has to do all the executive jobs and must have a high degree of business sense and a great influencing ability to persuade people in behalf of his boss or the executive. The qualities needed in an executive assistant are the ability of management and should be able handle company projects. He should also have the ability of a representative as he will be required to represent the executive in important business functions and communications with important people such as clients as well as the ability to perform the menial tasks such as correspondence management, preparing company communications and research. He must also be able to know his executive well, as he will be deciding which of the listed appointments in a day or week are most appropriate for his executive superior to attend to. The executive assistant in this role is the one allocating the executive’s time.
Duties and Responsibilities of an executive assistant
There are the following duties and responsibilities of an executive assistant which she or he has to fulfill:
- The executive assistant should serve as the primary support personnel to the executive which she or he has to serve.
- The candidate should have to possess depth knowledge of the executive’s taste
- He or she should be able to plan his schedule according to his desired order with preference.
- He or she should have to provide executive support on matters relating to the executive’s chief obligations and mandates.
- He or she should have the abilities of coordination as he or she will have to coordinate the executives’ schedules including internal and outside obligations.
- He or she will have to serve the executive so will have to do the common works such as arranging meetings and conferences, handling communication and travel arrangements, and processing related functions and documentations.
- He or she will have to do the secretarial work such as coordination and prioritization of the executive’s daily appointments to the clients and business obligations.
- He or she will have to do the common work like call processing.
- The chief executive should be able to refer incoming calls to the respective employee or department
- He or she should be able to ensure that appropriate calls are the only one that goes through to the executive.
- He should also follow up the communications emanating perfectly from his superior’s office or department
- He or she will have to take the help of administrative assistants so that they can work efficiently and perfectly and which will provide support for the executive employee.
- He or she will have to be very innovative and creative so should come up with ideas that will streamline work
- He or she will have to identify incidents that require immediate attention in the organization.
- An executive assistant will have to perform other related functions which are actually related to the job and which are assigned to him or her in his or her capacity.
Popular Job Description Search:
- executive assistant job description sample
- executive assistant job description
- sample executive assistant job description
- sample job description executive assistant
- example of a job description for an executive assistant
- sample job description for executive administrator
- sample duties and responsibilities of office manager and executive assistant
- resume description of excutive admin for a phamaceutical co
- Position description questionnaire Executive Assistant
- job description for executive assistant
Filed in: Administration Job Description