High School Admissions Administrator Job Profile and Description
A high school administrator is responsible in implementing the school’s admission and policies. They basically have to check and supervise the reports admissions clerks and processors to standardize the process. The administrator often constitutes a panel of senior teachers to interview the students from other schools. The position provides direction and leadership to the team to ensure they can handle the volume of enrollees without losing sight of the procedural standards of the school. The senior teachers to interview students from other schools as the last stage of their screening after passing a written admission test.
High School Admissions Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
There are a lot of duties and responsibilities which has to be fulfilled and here are some of them as follows:
- He or she has to develop the admissions screening procedures in accordance with the school’s academic standards
- He or she will also have to administer the procedure to student applicants.
- It is also the duty to supervise the admissions clerks to ensure that if they are performing the work and responsibilities according to the standard measures.
- He or she wills also has to develop the screening procedures to special students who have the learning disabilities or are gifted enough to be awarded with scholarships or advancement to a higher high school level.
- It is also necessary to maintain the coordination with the schools financial aid administrators
- He or she will also have to ensure that government and private foundations that provide academic, military and sports scholarships settle the enrollment matriculation and tuitions fees as published.
High School Admissions Administrator Skills and Specifications
The candidate should have the following attributes to be a high school admissions administrator:
- The candidate must have a lot of knowledge complete and thorough grasp of the school’s admission policies, rules and procedures as well as the faculty involved in screening applicants
- The candidate should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as it is the most required quality for the job.
- He or she must have the excellent knowledge of organizational, managerial and supervisory field as the person will have to do all that work.
High school admissions education and qualification
- The candidate should have at least a BS degree in any field.
- Candidate having some previous teaching experience in another high school is an advantage
- It will also add an advantage if the candidate has 3-5 years of past working experience in education administration is an advantage.
High School Admissions Administrator Salary
- The annual median salary of a High School Admissions Administrator in 2008 stood at about $45,000 with the middle 50% earning from $39,000 and $51,000.
- The lowest 10% earned about $28,000 while the highest 10% earned almost $72,000.
Popular Job Description Search:
- school admin job description
- job description admission officer international school
- magnet school admissions officer job description
- what is a high school e administrators responsibilities?
Filed in: Administration Job Description