Office Clerk Job Profile and Description
An office clerk has to do the work mainly related do the normal tasks at the office. He or she is basically the one in charge of preparing and making the payrolls and bills. They have to do a lot of common work which includes the operation of the business such as entering data in the computer, segregating some papers and files, answering customer’s feedback, answering email messages and phone calls and scanning documents. Office clerks often work in the government, private corporations and other businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities of a office clerk
There are a lot of duties which an office clerk has to fulfill here are some of the general responsibilities and duties of an office clerk which are as follows:
- An office clerk has to maintain the work of papers and documents of the business or organization very confidentially.
- He or she will have to do the common and basic office duties such as answering the telephone, direct calls, emails and fax and many more related to daily work.
- He or she will also have to fulfill the absence of any office worker or employee and do their duties and responsibility satisfactorily in the absence.
- He or she will have to do the common works such as participating on tasks requiring added assistance and help the office secretary if needed.
- He or she will have to make accurate reports and records perfectly and effectively present it to anyone who needs that.
- An office clerk will be the in charge of some important documents or records so he or she should store them for the utilization of the bookkeeping department.
- He or she will have to help the other new employees and workers and should train them in using the computers by helping the other co-workers to perform a better work by using computer applications to make their job easy and maintain efficiency of the office procedures.
- He or she will have to cooperate with co-workers to maintain a friendly environment as it will be very helpful in making the work easier and proper interaction within the office to maintain the stress free atmosphere.
- An office clerk is in charge of copying and duplication of manuscripts, letters, documents or other materials on the photocopying machines so should perform the duties perfectly.
- He or she will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of office machines and equipments such as computers, fax machines and photocopying machines.
- He or she should do the work of a secretariat perfectly so should make travel arrangements for their boss and set up the most convenient time for the appointments.
- He or she should do the work related to the company’s meetings and should attend meetings regarding the company’s agenda and transcribe those messages for record keeping very perfectly.
- He or she should look to the matter of the office equipment and take inventory other supplies for easier monitoring.
- He or she should provide help and support to the secretaries in preparing invoices and budgets for the business.
- An office clerk has to make the reports showing the current standing of the business and should prepare the necessary documents for the presentation.
- He or she should have to direct and as well as supervise such tasks which are handled by lower-level clerks to him or her.
- He or she will also have to do the duty of guidance and will have to guide other members of the staff so that they will be able to do the work with the help the proper use of computer applications in performing the office activities.
- He or she will have to keep all the updates regarding mailing, filing, database systems and inventory using the computer which will help them to make the work easier.
Popular Job Description Search:
- office clerk job description sample
- office clerk job description
- sample job description for office clerk
- job description of office clerk sample
- job description office clerk sample
- office clerk duties
- sample job description office clerk
- job description clerk
- sample adminstration clerk job description
- sample of job description of an office clerk
Filed in: Administration Job Description