Support Worker Job Profile and Description
A support worker basically has to take care very nicely to the employer as he or she will have to ensure the customer’s safety .he or she will have to take care deeply and support in the daily activities of their employer because in this case they will have to work with people having disabilities, old people and may be children with attention deficiency, it is the person’s responsibility to assist the employer’s activities perfectly. A worker will have to make sure whether the duty has done like He/she would make sure that his employer is fed on time. The responsibilities such as giving medicines, cleaning and making his employer presentable to relatives and visitors are the common duties of a worker. A support worker must know the basics on housekeeping. They must be attentive at all times in order to ensure the safety of their client.
Duties and Responsibilities
A support worker generally has to fulfill the following duties and responsibilities and they are the common responsibilities and duties of a support worker:
- He or she will have to prepare the daily needs of their employer such as food and clothing, cleaning and basically presentable to the relatives and visitors.
- He or she will have to assist and supporting the person in taking a bath as the employer will not be able to do that.
- The support worker must be sure that the/she will be clean and presentable afterwards the cleaning process.
- As the person will need the surroundings and atmosphere clean and comfortable so the worker will have to make sure about cleaning the surroundings
- He or she will have to support the employer and helps the client in achieving a meaningful life style and daily living skills as he or she will be not able to do that.
- He or she will have to keep an eye to the condition of the employer and should create an accurate record of his or her client’s actions in order to prepare and prevent the client’s demanding behavior.
- The basic and most important responsibility of a worker is that he or she will have to assist their clients on their daily activities as it is one of the basic responsibilities of a support worker.
- He or she will have to maintain proper supervision to clients’ medical condition and will have to take care about that.
- A support worker must be aware of the programs that would cater to the further development of clients’ needs especially for rehabilitation.
- He or she will have to do the work morally also so has to offer proper advice, support suggestions and basically should be a very optimistic person to give encouragement to service users as the person leaves the hope.
- He or she will have to promote a particular lifestyle that supports the service user’s needs and is in line with the responsibility and limitations of service users.
- He or she will have to take care and under take working arrangements according to preferences of the service users which will be comfortable.
- He or she will have to attend required training sessions for their clients which held annual appraisal
- He or she will have to undertake the appropriate duties and responsibilities deemed by the client and should fulfill that.
- He or she will be responsible in limiting the actions of their client in order to correct improper actions
- He or she will have to participate in departmental and develop his or her career assessment
- He or she will have to properly participate and contribute on communicating with the client’s family also about the clients’ condition and medical help.
- He or she will have to assist their clients in attending their doctor after a particular time or dentist or specialist whatever is required.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Administration Job Description