Theater Manager Job Profile and Description
A theater manager plays a very important role in handling the theater programs and the job includes a number of responsibilities. He or she is responsible for the production arrangements of artistic work and for that creative and commercial skills will be needed. A theatre manager leads the publicity and marketing policies of the department along with budget handling of programs. A passionate candidate having all the required qualities can opt for theatre manager job.
Duties and Responsibilities of a theater manager
There are a lot of duties and responsibilities which has to be fulfilled and here are some of them:
- He or she has to use mind and creativity and plan for the upcoming theatre events.
- He or she has to estimate and maintain audience ratio and has to plan the promotional activities to ensure desired count of audiences.
- A theatre manager has to be in contact with the production houses and plan working program by negotiating and liaising with production houses and also have to coordinate with them.
- He has to commission new art work and take care of direction during the completion of accepted art work.
- He needs to study, explore and research on new production houses and companies to work with them.
- He requires to attend the meetings and conferences related to marketing and promotional events and meetings and to make out budget according to requirement of theater programs.
- A theatre manager needs to be in touch with producers and other theatre managers to plan forthcoming theatre events.
- He has to maintain the coordination and should communicate with local communities, relevant bodies, educational institutes and local industries basically have to do the work of a bridge.
Skills and Specifications of a theater manager
To be a theater manager an applicant must have the required skills and specifications and these are as following:
- The candidate should be able to organize the meetings with board of directors, clients and other business partners if needed.
- The candidate should be aware about the finance control and monetary system which is to be invested in events and plays.
- He or she must have the quality of being a leader and leadership skills to control stage staff and front staff patiently.
- He or she should be able to contact funding bodies and charities to arrange sufficient funds for theatre events.
- The job needs the extraordinary skills as it is an artistic work so the candidate should be very creative and should use the creativity ion work.
- The candidate should have the quality of communication so that will be able to communicate with the clients.
Education and qualification of a theater manager
A theatre manager should be at least graduates in any stream along with three years of diploma courses
To work on senior theatre manager post. He must be a Post Graduate in Art & Theatre stream along with courses in theatre management.
Popular Job Description Search:
- theatre manager job description
- theater manager job description
- qualities of a theatre manager
- cinema manager job description
- House Manager Theatre Job Description
- theatre office managers job descriptions
- theatre front of house manager job duties
- theater Household Manager Job Description
- theater event coordinator resume skills
- roles of a theatre manager
Filed in: Administration Job Description