Plant Pathologist Job Description and Profile
A plant pathologist has to do the detecting, identifying, controlling and eradicating plant parasites, nematodes and related diseases. The Plant Pathologist basically works for the protection of plant environment so conducts investigations as well as educational activities in order to protect the plant environment. He or she likewise assists in enforcing state rules, laws and regulations that pertain to all types of plant conditions and diseases.
Duties and responsibilities
A person working as a plant pathologist has the following duties and responsibilities to fulfill:
- He or she will have to do the research work so will have to make laboratory and field research and diagnoses of plant pathological and hematological materials.
- He or she will have to conduct the regular surveys related to the organisms.
- He or she will have to do the work of isolating and identifying organisms such as nematodes which cause plant diseases and try to study about them.
- It is the duty to get the information about the specimens so will have to prepare and examine thoroughly histological types of specimens.
- It is the duty to analyze and identify potential hazards to various types of plants and try to find new methods and procedures.
- He or she has to always try to draw out recommendations for possible solutions to existing problems.
- He or she will have to perform the consultant duties so will have to serve as able consultant to staff members
- He or she will have to provide the appropriate expertise on nematode and phyto-pathological issues and problems related to the plants as well.
- It will be also the duty to provide the training to employees and the general public to aware them about the methods and procedures.
- It will be needed to assist the biologists in enforcing state regulations and laws relating to plant diseases.
Skills and Specifications
A person should have the following skills and specifications to do the job:
- The candidate should have the ability to the lab tests and so will have to perform standard, specialized as well as routine lab tests.
- He or she should have the knowledge of the provisions related to State Agricultural Code as they closely relate to plant diseases and hematology and will be able to learn that.
- He or she must know how to keep and prepare records and reports and also to maintain them.
- It needed the quality to maintain the balance of technical field and laboratory activities with enforcement types of activities.
- He or she will be able to prepare various written documents related to the work..
- The candidate should have the ability to create independent decisions when required.
- He or she should be able to work in the condition where there will be no one to supervise and must work with minimum supervision.
- The candidate should have the ability to establish effective and harmonious work relations with co-employees and public.
Education and Qualifications
- The candidate needs to possess a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of plant pathology, or other biological science course than included nematology and plant pathology.
- He or she should have past two years of field or lab experience in the area of plant pathology or nematology.
- The candidate having a Master’s degree on relevant course can be a suitable substitution for a year of experience.
Popular Job Description Search:
- plant pathologist job description
- sample plant manager job description
- duties of a plant pathologist
- Job description technician - plant pathology lab
- what kind of responsibilities does a plant pathologist have
Filed in: Agriculture Job Description