Sales Analyst Job Profile and Descriptions
The sales analyst plays a very important role in an organization to increase the productivity. He or she has to study and analyze the report and the sales related information to evaluate the overall performance considering the current economic conditions. He or she has to create both custom and standardized reports, conducts product analyses, and provides support for retailer, consumer, and internal promotions. Indicators are critical for a sales analyst for understanding the business and in improving decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities
The post of a sales analyst is full of a lot of duties and responsibilities. A person needs to possess the required skills to fulfill the duties which are as following:
- ASSIST THE MANAGEMENT: He or she has to assist the management in the development and evaluation of rolling sales forecast and sales budget.
- INCREASE THE GENERAL SALES PROPDUCTIVITY: He or she has the prime duty to work for increasing the productivity so will have to collect, analyze, report the data to increase general sales productivity.
- ANALYZE THE BUSINESS INFORMATION: He or she has to analyze the business operations to determine profitability as well as to create a baseline for operational changes and action.
- EVALUATE THE SALES RECORDS: He or she has to evaluate the sales trends and records and evaluating performance calculated against sales quotas.
- ANALYZE THE FEEDBACKS: He or she has to analyze the feedback also and oversee the outcomes and set up accounts containing respective ideas, conclusions and all-purpose guidance.
- EVALUATE THE ECONOMIC CONDITIONS: He or she has to work according to the economic condition so will have to evaluate current economic situations and preparing sales forecasts.
- ANALYZE THE PERFORMANCE RECORDS: He or she has to analyze the performance records and interpreting outcomes of overall sales.
- ANALYZING THE REQUESTS: He or she has to analyze the requests for proposals very nicely.
- COORDINATING WITH THE PEOPLE: He or she has to maintain the coordination response plan with sales manager and preparing a schedule for bidding.
- PREPARING THE PRESENTATIONS: He or she has to develop and prepare the reporting structure and models that identify costs per unit and determine baseline for action.
Skills and Specifications
The candidate needs to possess the following skills and specifications which are as following:
- DATABASE KNOWLEDGE: The candidate needs to possess the relational databases knowledge.
- ANALYZING ABILITY: The candidate should have the ability to perform complicated analysis like forecasting, regression, and cannibalization.
- SKILLS: He or she should have strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills as it will be the most required skills.
- EXPERT KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER: He or she should have the expert knowledge of computer programming, SQL, and Excel as it is the work related to that.
- STRONG BASIC COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE: The candidate needs to have strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Education and Qualifications
- BASIC DEGREE: The candidate should have a. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Accounting, or any related field.
- The candidate should have a degree in computer science from a certified institution.