Acupuncturist Job Profile and Description
An acupuncturist is someone who provides specialized treatment for almost all types of pains. The acupuncture process is all about handling manipulating needles in the concerned areas of the body to treat the pains that is why this is known as alternate health care treatment. Contrary to the popular belief it is completely harmless and painless.
Acupuncturist Job Duties and Responsibilities
Acupuncture has the following duties and responsibilities to fulfill and they are as follows:
- The person should have adequate and perfect knowledge about the different anatomical points of the human body.
- He or she has to be very well versed with the work.
- He or she has to make sure about the proper diagnosis and analysis before prescribing a treatment.
- He or she has to decide the size and count of the needles inserted in human body so has to consult with other acupuncturists too for second opinion
- He or she has to recognize 365 acupuncture points in human body.
- It will be the moral duty to aware the patients about the risks benefits of the treatment.
Acupuncturist Skills and Specifications
The candidate needs to be having the following skills and specifications to do the job:
- The candidate needs to be flexible with timings for treating the patients in medical emergencies.
- He or she should be very empathetic towards the patients and ability to prepare them mentally by explaining them about the benefits of this treatment for the encouragement
- He or she should have the ability to keep utmost hygiene and teaching team to too.
- To be an acupuncturist specialist one should have the knowledge of nursing and should have exceptional acupuncture skills for better results.
Acupuncturist Education and Qualification
- The basic degree required is the graduation degree Must be a preferably in acupuncture
- The candidate needs to have Masters in Acupuncture for 2 years.
- The other required education is compulsory training from a recognized health institute or hospital.
- The Salary basically depends on the experience, the employer; on contract, women are preferred as they are considered to be more patient and friendly
- In this sector organizations have offered a starting salary of $45,000 to $65,000.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Banking Job Description