Bank receptionist Job Profile and Description
A bank receptionist is very visible and significant position as it is the first point of contact for customers in a bank. A bank receptionist has to deal with a high stress level and has to be in regular personal client contact that is why it is making it a demanding career.
Duties and Responsibilities
A bank receptionist has to fulfill a number of duties and responsibilities and they are as follows:
- WORK AS A BRIDGE: A Bank receptionist is like a bridge between the clients and bank personnel
- BASIC DUTIES: He or she has to perform the basic duties of clerical which is a combination of administrative work, and banking tasks
- PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE: Bank receptionist has to provide customer service and must help customers with any queries
- DOCUMENT MAINTAINANCE: He or she has to maintain the documents also and deal with supply management and file maintenance
- HELP CLIENTS: He or she may have to assist clients when accessing their safe deposit boxes
- HELPING FOREIGN CLIENTS: He or she has to help clients if knows more than one language in translating the interactions
Skills and Specifications
The job of bank receptionist is very vital and will have to do the multi tasking work so should have the needed skills and specifications and here are the following attributes:
- The prime requirement for a bank receptionist is the excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- He or she should have the quality to understand the customers needs and must be cordial and sympathetic to the customer’s queries and requirements
- He or she should have the ability to present a friendly and helpful picture of the bank at the first meet.
- He or she should have the required field knowledge to help the customers.
- He or she must be able to work under pressure since it is a stressful job.
- The candidate needs to be very energetic and be able to handle criticism in a diplomatic way
- He or she must be able to understand the importance of client confidentiality and do the multi tasking work.
Education and Qualifications
- BASIC DEGREE: The basic degree which is required is a bachelor’s degree with a commerce background and one may also go for an MBA in finance or sales.
- The other requirement for the job is computer literacy and the basic financial details.
Popular Job Description Search:
- bank receptionist job description
- bank receptionist
- bank receptionist duties
- duties of a bank receptionist
- what does a bank receptionist do
- receptionist for a bank duties
- reception department responsibilities in a bank
- job description for bank receptionist
- duties of receptionist in a bank
- bank receptionist responsibilities
Filed in: Banking Job Description