Investment bankers Job Profile and Description
Investment bankers basically work for the government organizations and large corporations. He or she has the duty to sell buy, and trade in securities. He or she has to manage the investment portfolios along with providing investment related advices. Investment bankers work in corporate finances; help the companies acquire the necessary funds. The other types handle financing of acquisitions and mergers.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are a number of duties and responsibilities which has to be fulfilled by an investment banker and they are as follows:
- Investment bankers have the duty to negotiate with the clients to arrange large transactions.
- It will be the responsibility to advise client companies for initiating moneymaking ventures of their own organization.
- He or she has also the duty to negotiate the agreement if a company plans to merge or acquire other company.
- He or she has to study about the actual problem of failing operations and huge budget deficit.
- He or she has the duty to find buyers of the shares of a company to issues new stocks.
- As it is the job so will have to manage investment decisions of the client companies.
- He or she has to find out the solutions of organization to restructure the debt and equity problems and solve financial distresses.
Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required for the job in a candidate are as follows:
- The candidate should be very good at mathematics and accountancy.
- He or she must possess required analytical skills then make the decisions based up on them.
- It will be needed to have a thorough and deep knowledge about the financial market.
- He or she should have interpersonal skills to be a good motivator
- He or she should have excellent communication skills to be verbally fluent and know both the working and regional language.
- He or she should have the required ability to deal with high status clients.
- The candidate should be very hard working so should be ready to work for long hours when needed.
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required is bachelor’s degree in the field of accounting and finance for this post.
- An MBA degree is also required in majority of the companies.