Investment banking Job Profile and Description
Investment banking means to advise companies on their finances and help them select the best route to arrange for funds. Investment bankers work in corporate finance to help companies acquire necessary funds for various projects, expansions, paying debts etc. Some deal with the financing of mergers and acquisitions. Those with a sales aptitude work in the trading of securities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an investment banker are as follows:
- PRIMARY DUTY: the primary duty of an investment banker is to buy, sell and trading securities for big companies and government entities
- ADVICE COMPANIES: he or she has to advice the companies related to investment by managing the investment portfolios
- WORK AS A REPRESENTATIVE: He or she has to work as a representative of a financial institution (investment bank) where he or she is working.
- WORK FOR THE CORPORATE COMPAMIES: he or she has to work with the corporate companies They do not give loans or accept deposits from the public like general banks
- PROVIDE HELP IN THE PRESENTATIONS: He or she has to advise in case of mergers and acquisitions and help in the negotiations either representing the buyers or the sellers
- CORPOPRATE RESTRUCTURING: Corporate restructuring is one of the most common duties of an investment banker
- PROVIDE PLACEMENTS: Some Investment bankers also help in facilitating private placements
Skills and Specifications
The candidate desiring to do the job of an investment banker should have the following skills and specifications:
- The most important skill is that one requires strong aptitude for math and accounting and must be very good working with numbers
- He or she should have excellent analytical and deduction skills as will have to work with corporate companies.
- He or she should have analytical skills to understand the clients requirements and advising them based on their analysis
- He or she should be very hard working and will have the ability to work under pressure
Education and Qualifications
- BASIC DEGREE: the basic degree which is required for the job is a bachelor’s degree in commerce with specialization in finance or accounting.
- The other requirement for the job is a MBA in most companies nowadays.
Popular Job Description Search:
- investment banking job description
- job description of an investment banker
- investment banker job description
- bank job description samples
Filed in: Banking Job Description