Call Center Agent Job Description and Profile
The Call Center Agents are the one who plays such a vital role within any organization as liaising between various customers and the business entities. The basic responsibility is to answer to customer inquiries and questions regarding the products and services. The duties of a call center agent actually depend upon the type of organization. Mostly agents perform their duties by telephone in the call center, some communicate with customers by fax, post, e-mail, or face-to-face as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities which have to be fulfilled by a call center agent are as follows:
- The prime responsibility is to answer the inbound calls and assist customers in their inquiries or questions.
- He or she has to provide individualized customer service of high-standard professional level to each and every customer.
- The duty is to increase the client base so try to build the interest of customers in the products and services offered by the organization.
- He or she needs to update the existing database with any modifications or changes and the present status of the customers or prospective customers.
- He or she has the responsibility is to handle the customers directly either by face to face, electronically, or telephone and responding to customer inquiries and questions promptly.
- It will be also the responsibility to provide feedback regularly on the effectiveness and soundness of policies and procedures of the customer service department.
- It will be the duty to utilize the information as much as possible in business opportunities and trends.
- He or she has to check lines and categorize the problems and issues of the customers perfectly.
Skills and Specifications
There are the following skills and specifications required in a person to do the job of a call center agent and they are as follows:
- The person needs to have the ability to understand as well as grasp basic customer information perfectly.
- He or she should be able to handle the diverse people nicely and should have the ability to cope up with difficult customer situations professionally.
- He or she has the responsibility to sort out the issues of customers perfectly so should firstly analyze the customer problem properly and provide logical solutions.
- He or she should be able to make effective use of resources and utilize them as much as possible.
- The person needs to have excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal, and typing skills to do the job perfectly.
- The interpersonal skill required is having much interest in helping the customers.
Education and Qualifications
- The person should have done high school diploma from an accredited institution.
- The other requirement is the general education degree.
Popular Job Description Search:
- call center agent job description
- job description of call center agent
- call centre agent job description
- duties of a call centre agent
- job description of a call center agent
- job description for call center agent
- call center agents job description
- call center agent responsibilities and job description
- best buy call center agent job description
- call centre agent summary of job description
Filed in: Call Center Job Description