Customer Service Call Center Job Description and Profile
The job of a Customer Service Representative in a call center is basically to communicate with different customers to furnish information to their queries. They have to perform a wide range of duties such as dealing with customer complaints and purpose suitable appropriate solutions and many more. They have to provide services regarding various services and products to project the organization’s image professionally through telephone interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job of a customer service call center representative is very vast and so there are actually a wide range of responsibilities and here are some basic duties as follows:
- The prime responsibility is to handle the incoming requests from customers by e-mail or fax and then has to manage their inquiries or requests.
- He or she needs to perform the basic duties such as customer verifications, processing orders, applications, forms, and requests.
- It will be needed to inform the seniors timely about complaints regarding specific products as well as services and informing the supervisor regarding trends in external and internal calls.
- He or she has to transfer the customer calls after complex inquiries and analyzing the accuracy of the information to the appropriate staff.
- He or she needs to prepare the records in computer system such as selling of products and placing customer orders.
- It will be needed to complete the call reports and logs, and researching billing issues timely.
- He or she has the responsibility to recommend process improvements and researching misapplied payments.
- The major responsibility is to resolve the customer quires so needs to prepare customer service support summary reports.
- It will be needed to prepare the records separately of every customer to record the details of comments, inquires, complaints and actions and then manage their transactions and interactions.
Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required in a person to do the job of a customer service representative are as follows:
- The person should have a thorough and sound knowledge of practices and procedures and the related sectors of call center.
- He or she should have the ability to operate well under tight pressure and in strict guidelines as well.
- He or she should be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- The person needs to have excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service skills and other required skills.
- The person should have sound practical judgment of priorities.
- The basic skill for the job is to ameliorate customer service skills.
- He or she should have sound and thorough product knowledge.
Education and Qualifications
- The person should have done a High school diploma from an accredited institution.
- The other requirement is a General education degree.
Popular Job Description Search:
- call center customer service job description
- customer service call center job description
- call center customer service representative job description
- job description for customer service representative call center
- Call Center - Customer Service Operator job description
- Basic Job Duties and Responsibilities for call center customer service providers
- hotel call center job description
- customer service call center JOB
- call centre customer service job description
- call center costumer service agent job description at hewitt
Filed in: Call Center Job Description