Sample Call Center Job Description and Profile
A call center career encompasses variety of jobs that need a detailed understanding of customer needs due to increasing of the technology. A call center employee enjoys happily helping the customers in polite and tactful manner. They generally use tools, such as phone, personal computers, fax machine, multiple telephones. A call center provider communicates with various customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by a call center agent are as follows:
- The prime responsibility of a call center agent is to answer the inbound calls of the customers.
- He or she has the duty to assist the customers in their particular inquiries or questions perfectly I resolving that.
- The basic duty is to handle the incoming requests from external customers by e-mail or fax and also manage that.
- A call center supervisor has the main duty to manage and guide the daily activities of call center agents and telephone operators properly.
- A call center manager manages, directs, and coordinates with the activities of call center professionals in providing telephone customer related services.
- He or she has to determine the long-range objectives and goals to meet business operation expectations and goals nicely.
- He or she needs to do the work of documentation of general reports on each team member’s performance.
- A switchboard operator is an individual, who answers a multi-line switchboard rapidly and directs the calls to destination without any delay.
Skills and Specifications
The person needs to have required skills and specifications to do the job of a call center agent and those skills are as follows:
- The person needs to have very impressive telephone etiquette.
- He or she needs to be an excellent communicator and should have great communication skills.
- He or she needs to have excellent interpersonal skills to work with others in close manner.
- He or she should be able to provide satisfactory service to customer, issues externally and internally.
- The person should be able to handle diverse people and the situations as well.
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required is a high school diploma or general education degree from an accredited institution.
Popular Job Description Search:
- sample call center job description
- call center agent duties and responsibilities
- call center duties and responsibilities
- call centre agent duties and responsibilities
- duties of call center provider
- sample comments on duties and responsibilities
Filed in: Call Center Job Description