Switchboard Operator Job Description and Profile
A Switchboard Operator is the one who supposed to answer a multi-line switchboard rapidly and direct the calls to destination without any delay. The aim is basically to execute the tasks in such a possible way that positively and completely affects the customer’s perceptual call or visit experience. He or she operators and greet the customers, answer questions, declare calls or provide directions.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are a number of duties as it is very vital and comprehensive job so the basic responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by a switchboard operator are as follows:
- He or she has the responsibility to answer high volume of inbound calls and maintaining a response rate swiftly in accordance with agreed standards.
- He or she has to prepare and maintain the list of availability of staff continuously to receive incoming calls and update that as well timely.
- It will be needed to operate various standard office machines such as personal computer, various software, fax, calculator, phone, photocopy machine, and shredding machine, etc.
- He or she needs to prepare and maintain the records by entering information on received calls, where necessary.
- He or she has to determine and evaluate the addressed requests in person or over the phone, and to written or verbal instructions.
- As he or she has to work with a lot of people so it is necessary to liaise in writing and verbally between suppliers, customers, visitors, enquirers, or relevant staff.
- He or she also has to perform the basic jobs such as maintaining regular consistent attendance, personal appearance, punctuality, and adherence to applicable health and safety procedures.
- It will be needed to establish and maintain efficient working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and the customers.
- The duty includes performing reception tasks and clerical duties such as filing data in an effective, professional and gracious manner.
- He or she should always try to work for the personal development such as knowledge and skills required for the efficient performance of the job role.
Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required in a person desiring to do the job of a switchboard operator are as follows:
- The person should have impressive telephone etiquette to do the job..
- He or she needs to be an excellent and great communicator and should have the skills as well as ability to work with others in close manner.
- He or she should be able to understand, and execute complex written and verbal instructions perfectly.
- The person should have exceptional computer skills as well as good organizing and planning skills.
- He or she should have the interest to help the customers and ability to deliver excellent customer service, externally and internally as well with maintaining the confidentiality.
- The person should be able to handle the typical situation and react effectively and calmly in emergencies and work in rigorous pressure.
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required to do the job in a candidate is high school diploma or general education degree from an accredited institution.
- The other requirement is having some past working experience in call center activities or any other related sector.
Popular Job Description Search:
- switchboard operator job description
- switchboard operator job description duties
- switchboard operator duties
- switchboard job description
- job description for switchboard operator
- job description switchboard operator
- telephone operator job description
- job description of switchboard operator
- Switchboard Duties
- duties of a switchboard operator
Filed in: Call Center Job Description