Carpet Installer Job Profile and Description
A carpet installer is someone who has to carpet the floorings as now day commercial offices and most bedrooms in residential dwellings have carpeted floorings. The person should have to go through necessary training to prepare bare flooring to be treated in preparation for installing the carpet materials of the client’s choice. He or she has to use right tools and installation procedures suitable to the carpet material, these carpet installations can often last for years of worry-free use.
Carpet Installer Duties and Responsibilities
There are a number of duties and responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by a carpet installer:
- The primary responsibility is to inspect bare floor surface which is to be carpeted to correct any imperfection that may cause uneven carpet wear or show through carpet.
- He or she has to harness the prescribed hand tools such as drills, staple guns, rubber mallets and carpet knives in securing the carpet to the floor.
- It will be the responsibility to harness knee kickers, carpet shears, wall trimmers, heat irons, loop pile cutters, and power stretchers.
- He or she needs to manage the carpet so has to cut and trim carpet to size in order to fit along wall edges, openings, and projections; finish the edges with wall trimmer.
- He or she has to join carpet sections and seam edges for wall to wall carpeting.
- It will be needed to sew or use heat-taped seams for the work..
- He or she has to observe the blue prints and carpet layout perfectly for large office installations.
- He or she needs to take floor dimension measurements to calculate the area to be carpeted and prepare the amount of carpet material needed.
Carpet Installer Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications for the job in a person are as follows:
- The person needs to have excellent medical and physical health conditions.
- He or she should necessarily have adequate comprehension skills to follow operational and safety regulations and instructions.
Carpet Installer Education and Qualification
- The basic degree required is just a high school diploma for the job.
- It will be added as an advantage for the person having 2-3 years of past working experience in a related industry.
Carpet Installer Salary
Carpet installers are typically paid either hourly or by the number of yards of carpet installed.
- In 2009, the median hourly wage for Carpet Installers stood at $17.90 with the middle 50% earning between $13.11 and $25.63.
- The lowest 10% earned $10.23, and the topmost 10% earned $34.03.
- The median hourly wage of carpet installers working for building finishing contractors was $18.25, while those working in home furnishing stores earned a median wage of $16.92.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Construction Job Description