Construction assistant job profile and description
A construction assistant has the responsibility to assist the site engineer in their work. He or she needs to supervise the construction activities. There are a wide range of duties and responsibilities which include different stages of planning, design, development and execution. He is required on the field as well as in the office.
Construction assistant duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a construction assistant are:
- The construction assistant has the prime responsibility to assist the civil engineer in planning and design of the construction project.
- It will be needed to work according to the instructions while preparing plans and designing.
- It will be the responsibility to place purchase orders according to the orders of the engineer.
- He or she needs to collect all the reports of the working progress by visiting the construction site.
- He or she has to coordinate with the resources that are required for the construction.
- He or she has the responsibility to give the proper information to the owners about the work.
- He or she needs to ensure the accuracy in all the details in the plan.
- He or she needs to identify the required changes and then recommend changes in the plan to the seniors.
- It will be needed to do the documenting work and has to prepare all the reports and record of the project.
- He or she needs to be very sure about the safety precautions and to follow them on the construction site.
Construction assistant skills and specifications
The skills and specifications of a construction assistant are:
- The person needs to have a sound and deep knowledge about details of construction.
- He or she should be able to understand and follow instructions to the letter.
- The person needs to be very hard working and should have the ability to work for long hours and in outdoor locales in all weathers.
- He or she should have excellent data processing skills.
- The person needs to have exceptional customer service skills.
- He or she needs to be an excellent communicator and should have excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- The person needs to have very good writing ability.
- The person should be bale to keep up with the latest developments and recommend the technology in the planning and design when needed.
Construction assistant education and qualification
- The educational qualification required is a vocational course in construction after high school is necessary for the job.
- The other requirement is the past working experience in the construction industry for at least five years.
Construction assistants salary
The average salary of a construction assistant is generally about $50,000 per annum.
Popular Job Description Search:
- construction assistant job description
- construction helper job description
- construction worker assistant description
Filed in: Construction Job Description