Construction Estimator Job Profile and Description
The construction estimator is basically the one who has to provide cost estimates for the construction of commercial, residential, and municipality buildings. The job needs a lot of experience to prepare the construction plans to analyze the spending statistic and project budget. The person needs to estimate about all the necessary materials required in the construction process such as cement, bricks, rods, pipes, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by a construction estimator are as follows:
- The construction estimator has the responsibility to work with quantity surveyor to estimate the amount and type of material required to deliver the contracted specifications.
- He or she as to estimate the cost of equipment and plant with the materials that are used.
- He or she has to maintain the coordination with the engineers and site managers to help in predicting the duration of the project and the cost involved.
- It will be the responsibility to establish the estimated completion rate and progress related to project.
- He or she has to estimate the necessary reimbursements for bad weather conditions and other unpredictable events.
- He or she needs to calculate the final figure of the cost that will have to be incurred.
- It will be the duty to present the necessary tender price to the seniors.
- He or she has the duty to determine the final project statistics by working on CAD applications.
- He or she has to set the budget as well to provide with suitable plans.
- He or she has to consult with the site managers and client about the blue prints by understanding them.
Skills and Specifications
There are the required skills and specifications in a person desiring to do the job of a construction estimator:
- The person should have very strong and excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- He or she should have a good eye for details and the work.
- He or she should have a complete understanding of blueprints and should be comfortable with understanding blueprints.
- He or she should necessarily have excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- The person should have team working skills and foster confidence in all.
- He or she should have the ability to use basic computer applications and CAD applications.
- He or she needs to be a very hard working person and should be very comfortable in handling large files with confidential data.
- The person should necessarily have the knowledge of basic construction software’s.
Education and Qualifications
Construction estimator is preferably a student of engineering, architecture and construction management.
The primary requirement for the job is a degree form a recognized university.
The person having required experience for the job is very helpful.
Popular Job Description Search:
- construction estimator job description
- estimator job description
- estimator job description construction
- construction estimator job description template
- Job description for Construction Estimator
- best skils to be a good estimator
- construction estimator position description
- estimating coordinator duties
- position description -senior estimator job description
Filed in: Construction Job Description