Construction Foreman Job Profile and Description
A construction foreman has the responsibility to monitor the works of the crew to ensure that the tasks are well carried out according to plan. The person needs to be very skillful and experienced to do the job. This job has been the reserve of the most senior male worker at the site but modernity is seeing women take the same role. The foreman easily gains the respect of his colleagues at the site.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are a number of duties and responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by a construction foreman and they are as follows:
- The major duty is to check with the supervisor for morning schedule.
- He or she ahs the duty to assess job priorities to assign them to the employees to appropriate job sites.
- He or she has to make sure that employees have tools and equipment needed for job in order to ensure a good output.
- It will be needed to monitor the smoothly running of the work as per plan.
- He or she has to make sure the safety precautions and they are followed as well.
- He or she needs to maintain the coordination with the supervisor regarding the crew both positive and negative.
- He or she has to help the employees as well in training and learning the new tasks.
- He or she has to give clear directions to workers as to what needs to be done to avoid repetitive mistakes by the workers
- The foreman should ensure tools like sprayers, ladders, and traps are brought back from job sites.
- He or she needs to evaluate quickest and easiest way to a job without sacrificing quality of the work being done.
- He or she needs to collect the final payments as of contract when needed.
- The responsibility of holding the weekly job site safety meeting and record a record of it in the log for future references.
Skills and Specifications
The performance of an engineer is actually based upon the project’s foreman performance. Person desiring to do the job of a construction foreman’s job should have following skills and specifications:
- The basic and minimum degree required is a good level of tertiary education and a minimum of a degree in construction management or project management.
- The person needs to have good people skills.
- He or she should have the ability to manage the time and should have good time management skills.
Education and Qualifications
The educational qualification required to do the job is a High School Diploma
Popular Job Description Search:
- construction foreman job description
- foreman job description construction
- construction foreman duties and responsibilities
- job description construction foreman
- foreman construction job description
- job description for construction foreman
- construction foreman job description duties
- construction foreman responsibilities
- Description of Foremans Duties
- job description foreman construction
Filed in: Construction Job Description