Construction Worker Job profile and Description
A construction worker is basically a laborer who works in the construction site. The construction worker is usually engaged in the practical aspects in the construction industry as opposed to working in finance or design. He or she is involved in every phase of the process and play a vital role in the completion of the project. The term refers not only to the general construction laborers, but also the plumbers, carpenters and electricians, bricklayer, the carpet layer, the equipment operator, painters, decorators, plasterer, pipe fitter and the steel erector.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by a construction worker:
- The person should be very punctual towards the work such as arriving at the construction site early enough to commence work.
- He or she has to load and unload construction equipment and so as putting up and taking down the scaffoldings.
- It will be the duty to clear working areas and then mix the construction material to the right consistency.
- He or she has to work very closely with the skilled workers and stone masons and needs to set up forms where concrete is poured.
- He or she has to engage all forms of hard labor that is necessary for the completion of the construction project.
- It will be the duty to install various commercial, residential and industrial systems when needed.
- He or she has the duty to use, clean and maintain the different tools used on the construction site.
- He or she has to supervise and offer apprentice to new construction workers timely.
- He or she haws to handle carefully the hoists, cranes and other equipment used to handle the construction materials.
- He or she has to work at heights and in confined spaces as well.
- He or she has to handle some awkward and repetitive manual tasks held on the construction site.
Skills and Specifications
There are a number of skills and specifications required in a candidate desiring to be a construction worker as follows:
- The person needs to have necessary physical stamina and the ability to do the job.
- He or she must be able to work for extended hours or work days means should be very flexible with working hours.
- He or she needs to be very careful during his or her work to avoid injury.
- The person should have the ability to work with powered construction tools and equipments as well.
Education and Qualifications
The person needs to at least have a High School Diploma to do the job of a construction manager.
Popular Job Description Search:
- construction worker job description
- construction job descriptions
- construction job description sample
- construction job descriptions and duties
- job description for construction worker
- construction worker duties
- job description construction worker
- job descriptions construction
- laborer job description
- job description construction
Filed in: Construction Job Description