Foreman job description and profile
A foreman reports to the supervisor. He or she has the responsibility to oversee the work of the workers to ensure that it is being carried out per plan. He or she is just like a manager of workers at construction site. He or she is responsible for keep checking the materials and ensures the safety of the construction site.
Foreman job duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a foreman are as follows:
- The prime responsibility is to ensure that workers are carrying on work as per schedule.
- He or she has the responsibility to check on the work schedule with construction supervisor.
- He or she is responsible for allocating the duties to the workers according to their capabilities.
- He or she has to be very sure about the safety precautions that they are properly implemented during construction.
- It will be the responsibility to deal with any sort of problems with workers.
- A foreman is actually responsible for hiring and firing workers.
- He or she has to ensure the quality of work in addition to ensuring schedule.
- He or she has the responsibility to provide the training to the training to new workers in different construction works and safety measures.
- He or she has to motivate the workers to do the work with higher efficiency and ensuring that the work is completed on time properly.
Foreman skills and specifications
The Skills and specifications required in a person to be a foreman are as follows:
- The person needs to have the excellent leadership, management, planning and motivation skills.
- The person should be very good at analyzing things and so should have good analysis and observation skills.
- Ability to communicate with workers and managing them with efficiency
- He or she should have excellent troubleshooting abilities in the tough situations.
- The person needs to be very hard working and has the ability to work under high stress situations.
- The person should necessarily have a tremendous presence of mind in case of accidents.
- He or she should have a sound and deep knowledge about construction procedures and safety measures.
- He or she should have the ability to allocate the duties to the workers according to their capabilities.
- He or she needs to have excellent time management skills.
Foreman education and qualification
There is not any specified education or qualification required to do the job of a foreman.
- The person should have a high school diploma to do the job.
The salary basically depends upon the employers and the experience of foreman.
- The median salary of a foreman is generally $44,000 per annum..
Popular Job Description Search:
- foreman job description
- foreman job duties
- foreman job description sample
- job description foreman
- foreman duties and responsibilities
- job description of foreman
- foreman responsibilities
- job description of a foreman
- job description for foreman
- job duties of a foreman
Filed in: Construction Job Description