Insulation Workers Profile and Description
The Insulation Workers are basically the one who have the task of installing various materials around equipment like pipes and duct work within the ceilings, walls and floors. They use of various methods and techniques to install the insulation. The methods which are used are differs from taping and stapling to that of wire banding etc.
Insulation Workers Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by an insulation worker:
- The person has the responsibility to use the various methods such as taping, stapling to installing of the insulation.
- He or she needs to do the utilization of materials like foam for different purposes.
- He or she has to prepare the drywall for the purpose of finishing and then cover the insulation with drywall.
- It will be needed to work in the older structures as well sometimes.
- He or she needs to utilize a number of tools like saws, brushes, trowels, pliers, knives and power equipment.
- He or she has to do the basic jobs such as bending, stooping around with this work and forcing work in smaller spaces.
- He or she needs to pay required attention to properly use safety procedures to make matters fall in place.
- He or she has the responsibility to remove the asbestos when carrying out renovation works by following the special asbestos removal rules and practices.
- He or she has to use the various techniques such as special vacuum cleaners; air filters etc to remove the asbestos and needs to seal the area.
Insulation Workers Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications in an insulation worker are as follows:
- The person should have got the necessary training on different types of working sites.
- He or she should have in-depth and broad education on installation of insulation
- The person should have the ability to put a keen eye to details.
- The person should have the required manual dexterity to do the job.
- He or she needs to be aware of the safety and protection methods along with the procedures.
Insulation Workers Education and Qualifications
- The person needs to have a High school education along with on field classes in woodworking, shop, science, construction etc.
- He or she should have got the required training to do the job.
Insulation Workers Salary
The wages often fluctuate in relation to the state, the industry in which they are working etc
- The average hourly wage for installation workers is approximately $15.34.
Filed in: Construction Job Description