Pipe fitter Job Profile and Description
A Pipe fitter is one who installs, fixes and maintains pipes in a facility. Pipe fitters work mostly in industrial facilities and are accountable for the upkeep of the water and electrical pipes in manufacturing and other industrial units. There is no professional qualification required for a pipe fitter but individuals are often given an on the job training before commencing their work.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the duties and responsibilities of a pipe fitter:
- A pipe fitter has to maintain and overhaul of all electrical and water pipes in a facility.
- He or she has to ensure that all the process is going on smoothly and ensuring that there are no breakdowns.
- A pipe fitter has to repair and damage the pipes by regular inspection and detecting malfunctions if any.
- He or she has to maintain a service cycle record perfectly and timely.
- It will be the duty to complete the tasks efficiently assigned by the supervising manager.
- He or she has to comply with industry safety norms and standards of working.
- A pipe fitter has to assemble new pipes and plan the layout of the same.
- He or she needs to maintain the coordination with the other fellow workers and other departments of the organization.
- He or she has the responsibility to report the supervising authority for all damages, issues and other matters relating to the pipe systems.
Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required in a pipe fitter are:
- The person should have the ability to read blueprints and layout plans.
- He or she should have the time management skills to effectively manage time and complete all delegated work within the specified time.
- He or she needs to have team working skills and coordinating work with fellow workers.
- He or she should have the knowledge of appropriately using and handling repair tools and equipments.
Education and Qualifications
- The person should have a High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- The other requirement is a vocational training as a pipe fitter, with about 2 to 3 years of experience.
Popular Job Description Search:
- pipe fitter job description
- pipefitter job description
- fitter job description
- job description pipefitter
- job description for pipe fitter
- job description of piping foreman
- pipe fitter foreman job description
- fitter job decription sample
- pipe fiiter foreman duties and responsibilities
- sample job description pipe technician platform pdf
Filed in: Construction Job Description