Employment Consultant Job Description and Profile
The Employment Consultant is the one who needs to fulfill a very responsible and multi tasking job. He or she has to work as an expert and should have the abilities in different areas of human resources, community and social work. The professional job helps the person in the development of the career and goals of the job keeper. The job entails working in the close cooperation with the multi-disciplinary team to offer adequate amount of support and documentation to the referral sources. It is also needed to work as a seeker for the employment by assisting various workshops. The duty includes acting as the source for the potential employers for the successful securing of some permanent employment.
Employment Consultant Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of an employment consultant which have to be fulfilled:
- The prime responsibility is to conduct the employment assessment properly and effectively.
- He or she has to conduct the correct determination of the requirements and risks associated to the employment goals.
- The duty includes formulating and implementing the plans and procedures.
- It is the responsibility to follow up the each and every individual client for assessing the standard employment goals.
- The consultant has the responsibility to help the clients in forming appropriate work habits, attitudes and behaviors.
- It will be also needed to work as an assistant to the clients in the process of preparing for interviews and diverse types of job maintenance matters.
- There are the following jobs to fulfill such as facilitating, developing and supervising the individual or group training process.
- It is also needed to provide training to the clients about different ways of handling the job interviews and offering them tips on the topic of negotiating a salary.
- The employment consultant has to offer requisite amount of motivation to the employment seekers.
Employment Consultant Job Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person needs to have the excellent communication skills both verbal and written to do the job.
- He or she should have the good presentation skills.
- He or she should have the strong analytical skills to analyze the different aspects carefully.
- The other skills required are the customer service and interpersonal skills.
- He or she should be able to advise people correctly on different important issues.
- The person needs to have the qualities of being a good leader.
- He or she should have the organizational abilities to do the organization effectively.
- He or she should have the strong presence and multitasking skills.
Employment Consultant Education, Training and Qualifications
- The basic degree required to do the job is a diploma or bachelor’s degree in human resources, social work, psychology, adult education, work and career counseling.
- The person having a master’s degree will be a distinct advantage for the person.
- He or she should have at least two years related past working experience in sales, marketing, recruitment, file management.
- The person needs to have some certification like the Certified Employment Interview Consultant certification to enjoy good reputation and exposure.
- The salary of an employment consultant is $32,751 to $35,950per annum.
Employment consultant Job Degrees, Courses & Certification
Employment Consultant Job Salary/Wage
The salary depends upon the experience, expertise and the area of the work.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Consultant Job Descriptions