Functional Consultant Job description and Job Profile
A functional consultant plays a vital role in the up gradation of the any important software in the organization such as ERP, SAP etc… the job basically entails any Upgrading network software used by employees in an organization. He or she has to make sure that the transmission of important information through departments for execution and completion of the project successfully.
Functional Consultants Duties & Responsibilities
There are a wide range of duties and responsibilities which have to be fulfilled by a Functional consultant as follows:
- A functional consultant has to play a vital and important role in the initial stages of a project or a software implementation and up gradation.
- A functional consultant has to fulfill the duty of analyzing the current business processes and scenarios.
- It will be the duty to forecast the consequences of installing new software on these processes.
- The person has done a thorough study to do the job a functional consultant to recommend or suggest a solution.
- He or she has the duty to get the approval from the seniors to move ahead on the project.
- He or she needs to study the configurations after the company has accepted the analysis and suggestions made by him or her.
- It will be the responsibility to submit the reports to the leader group or the decision making committee.
- He or she has to covert them into the section reports after required planning.
- The main responsibility is to work with a lot of people with maintaining the coordination with the employees, project managers and everyone who has to get well versed with the new software.
- It will be the duty to provide adequate training to employees so that they don’t face any difficulty in working with it later.
- He or she has the duty to keeps clearing doubts and queries about the new software.
- It will be the responsibility to keep testing the software so that it runs successfully
- The consultant has to suggest making new software perform to the best of its ability.
Functional Consultants skills and specifications
The skills and specification required in a person to do the job of a functional consultant are as follows:
- The person needs to have an analytical bent of mind to do the job.
- He or she should have the quality of a Foresight to predict the consequences of software installation on the business processes.
- He or she needs to have the strong knowledge of technology and up gradation of software as well at the same time.
- He or she should be very hard working and able to work for long hours.
- He or she should have the ability to meet project and work related deadlines properly.
- The person needs to have the required knowledge about MRP Planning and batch management.
- The other skills necessary to do the job are strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The person needs to have the ability to deal with third party procurement systems and resources.
Functional Consultants Qualification & Education
- The person should have the degree of graduation in I.T, Computers or related field.
- The person having the degree in Management will be surely preferred for the job.
- A functional consultant needs to have the ability to keep him or her constantly updated with new software, market conditions etc…
- The person should have done a SAP Consultant course and certificate in the field.
- The other requirement is having 3-8 years of past working experience as a SAP consultant.
Functional Consultant’s salary
The salary of a functional consultant basically depends upon the industry as according to the Institute of Labor Statistics.
- The future of a functional consultant is very promising with new businesses; focus on restructuring and with the application of new technology becoming almost inevitable.
- The organizations are offering a starting salary of $60,000 to $90,000 in the sector.
Popular Job Description Search:
- functional consultant job description
- sap consultant job description
- sap functional consultant job description
- sap job description samples
- functional consultant job profile
- job description of functional consultant
- job description for functional consultant
- job description functional consultant
- it functional consultant job description
- job profile of functional consultant
Filed in: Consultant Job Descriptions