HR consultant Job Profile and Description
Human resource (HR) consultants are also called personnel consultants. They have basically the job of finding the ideal candidate according to the job requirements. They work for recruitment agencies. They may have to work with industry sectors or any specialized one and deal with either permanent or temporary work.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities which have to be fulfilled by an HR consultant.
- HR consultants have the responsibility to keep track of vacancies in companies.
- He or she has to contact the companies to find out if there are any posts empty in companies, thereby generating new business.
- He or she has to select the suitable candidates for the job by taking the interviews,
- He or she has the responsibility to match candidates to jobs to build a pool of potential applicants.
- Consultants have to screen and do the short listing of the candidates for the employers to interview.
- HR consultant can also be compared to headhunters whereby they find candidates for executive and specialist positions.
- He or she has build relationships with employers and job seekers properly.
- He or she has the responsibility to meet the targets for vacancies and people placed.
- He or she has to prepare the records of all the placements and negotiating fees and needs to maintain them as well.
Skills and Specifications
There are the following skills and specifications required in a person desiring to do the job of a HR consultant as follows:
- The person needs to be an excellent communicator and should have the skills both verbally and written.
- The person should have strong interpersonal skills to be an HR consultant.
- The other required skills are having confidence and a positive attitude which is also needed for this job.
- He or she should be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines properly.
- The person needs to be very professional, organized and must have good administrative skills.
- He or she should have exceptional team working skills.
- He or she should have required networking skills.
Education and Qualifications
There is not any specific degree required to do the job.
- The person should have a degree or diploma in human resources, management, communications and similar stream is helpful.
Popular Job Description Search:
- hr consultant job description
- hr consultant job description sample
- human resources consultant job description sample
- human resources consultant job description
- job description hr consultant
- job description of hr consultant
- human resource consultant job description
- job description for hr consultant
- hr consultants job description
- sample hr manager job description