Legal Consultant Job Profile & Description
A Legal Consultant as the name sounds is someone who needs to provide legal services to business entities. Generally these legal consultants are specialized in a particular or specific area such as banking, contract, employment, intellectual property, trust, tax, real estate etc…He or she has to work in a variety of arrangements ranging from identifying, solving and preventing legal issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities expected to be fulfilled by a legal consultant:
- A legal consultant has the main responsibility to look after the legal requirements of the business entities.
- He or she has the main duty to help the business entities reach certain legal goals that they have envisioned for themselves.
- It will be the responsibility to solve the existing legal issues of business entities and in other departments.
- He or she needs to identify those matters that may require legal advocacy.
- It will be the duty to prevent further cropping of legal issues.
- He or she has to work as an attorney but the duties are limited to business entities which will require his expertise in his area of specialization.
- He or she needs to maintain the coordination with the clients, owners to oversee the legal needs and requirements.
- There are a number of basic jobs which have to be fulfilled such as planning, research, training, and evaluation, analysis, reporting and problem – solving.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specification in a person desiring to the job of a legal consultant are as follows:
- The person desiring to do the job of a Legal Consultant should have good verbal and written communication skills and needs to be an excellent communicator.
- He or she must have very good interpersonal skills.
- He or she should have the ability to easily gain the confidence of the clients.
- He or she should have the self – confidence and should be able to speak in front of the senior management of the organization.
- The person needs to have excellent trouble shooting skills.
- He or she should be very good at analyzing things so should have excellent analytical skills.
- The person needs to have excellent problem solving skills.
- He or she should have the ability to work for long hours and under high pressure with the given deadlines as well.
Education and Qualifications
- The person needs to have a bachelor’s degree in law which is the basic education qualification required to become a legal consultant.
- The other education qualification required is a master’s degree in law and/or an MBA is also helpful in getting established in this profession.
Popular Job Description Search:
- legal consultant job description
- what is a legal consultant job description
- legal communication consultant job description
- law consultant job description
- legal adviser job description
- legal consultant description
- narrative description legal consultant project
- legal consultant duties and responsibilities
- legal consulent dutyes
- job duties of legal consultant
Filed in: Consultant Job Descriptions