Political consultant profile and description
The political consultant is the one who has the basic responsibility to advice the political candidates in various political endeavors. The job and the duties are varied actually. He or she plays a very important role in the elections and is very essential during the entire office term of the candidate. He or she has to plan election portfolio, strategies and other aspects of elections in favor of a certain political candidate.
Political consultant duties and responsibilities
A political consultant has to fulfill a very responsible job. The strategies drafted by the consultant can either make or break the political campaign of the candidate. Therefore the duties and responsibilities of a political consultant are as follows:
- The political consultant has the duty to plan election campaigns for the candidate.
- He or she has the responsibility to ensure that the candidates remain in the public eye.
- He or she needs to arrange various publicity drives for the candidate like television and radio appearances and public meetings.
- It will be the duty to prepare election schedule for the candidate in keeping all the factors in mind.
- He or she has the duty to keep in mind that he or she can cover maximum number of constituencies.
- The consultant has the duty to take care of all aspects of public relations of the candidate.
- He or she needs to evaluate the address notes of the candidates to ensure that it is apt for the audience properly.
Political consultant skills and specifications
The skills and specifications required in a person to do the job of a political consultant are as follows:
- The political consultant needs to have excellent knowledge about the working of the political system.
- He or she needs to have exceptional ability to perceive the social, economic and political trends of the country properly.
- The person should have the skills of analyzing the things properly.
- He or she should be very good at decision making at the right time.
- The person needs to have required strong knowledge about advertising and public relations to do the job.
- He or she needs to be an excellent communicator and should have the skills both verbal and written.
- The person should be able to grasp the way the campaign is progressing and make changes in the campaign accordingly.
- The person needs to have creative mind and artistic sense in drawing up election campaigns and strategies.
Political consultant education and qualification
The education and qualifications of a political consultant are:
- The person needs to have at least four year college degree in political science and communications.
- The person should have the ability to speak different languages which will be a bonus qualification.
Political consultants salary
- The average salary of a political consultant is $96,000 per annum.