Tax consultant Job Profile and Description
A tax consultant is basically an expert on matters related to tax. The job of a tax consultant entails preparing, giving advice and assisting individuals or companies with tax filing and returns. They are also known as tax preparers. They have to suggest steps which would help the company save more money and also follow the government rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the duties and responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by a tax consultant as follows:
- The tax consultant has the main responsibility to help keep his clients’ taxes to a minimum.
- He or she has to keep track of the latest schemes provided by different companies, banks and organizations.
- He or she has to provide the suggestions according to the financial ability of the clients; they give suggestions of the best policy for them.
- Tax consultants have to examine and review financial records of people or companies.
- It will be the responsibility of a tax consultant to make adjustments, deductions and credits into the records.
- He or she needs to inform the process of the filling of tax forms systematically to the clients.
- They must also provide necessary information to ensure the client is following all the legalities
Skills and Specifications
There are the following required skills and specifications of a tax consultant:
- The person desiring to be a tax consultant must have through knowledge of tax procedures.
- He or she should have the ability to be updated with the e changing rules and regulations.
- The person should have the analytical skills to analyze the things perfectly.
- He or she needs to be an excellent communicator and should have the skills both verbal and written.
- The person should have required interpersonal skills and be able to answer the queries of the clients.
- He or she should be able to meet deadlines and often need to travel extensively.
- The person needs to be very hard working and able to work in a stressed atmosphere and the conditions.
Education and Qualifications
There is not any particular or specific degree required to do the job.
- The person needs to have a commerce background and a flair for numbers to be in this field.
- The other general requirement for the job is income tax courses and certification.
- The person needs to have the courses in chartered accountancy and required training which will be very helpful for him or her.
Popular Job Description Search:
- tax consultant job description
- tax consultant duties
- job description of tax consultant
- duties of tax consultant
- job description tax consultant
- tax consultant duties and responsibilities
- job description for tax consultant
- tax consultants job description
- duties of a tax consultant
- tax consultant responsibilities
Filed in: Consultant Job Descriptions