Customer Service Agent Job Description and Profile
Customer Service Agents are basically the one who works generally at airports and booking offices. The main duty is to handle complaints and quires of the customers in a professional, kind and tactful manner. The other duties are to assist the customers or clients with travel needs such as ticketing, making reservations, telephone sales etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
The basic duties and responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by a customer service agent as follows:
- The main duty is to provide explanations to customers on the origin and nature of the problem.
- It will be the responsibility to fix the issue of the customers regarding the problem.
- He or she needs to assist the customer’s queries regarding ticket reservation, details, checking-in, and boarding flights.
- He or she will have to use the telephone or e-mail and work out and sending answer to customer.
- It will be the duty to provide the services such as listening helpdesk voice mails, working out on them, and answering them immediately.
- It will be the duty to provide entire information related to the tickets to the customers.
- He or she needs to maintain the coordination and supervise the assignment of supplementary helpdesk resources.
- He or she has to perform the basic jobs as well such as telephone sales and ticket reservations at booking offices and taking inbound helpdesk calls while working in office hours.
- He or she has to categorize the problems and issues of the customers by determining them.
- He or she also needs to provide help to the customers in boarding the aircraft and issuing the travel tickets.
Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required in a person to do the job of a customer service agent are as follows:
- The person needs to be very spontaneous and mature in nature.
- He or she should have a friendly personality.
- He or she should be able to handle diverse customers and the situations as well.
- He or she should have the ability to tackle multicultural environment.
- The other skills required are communication, interpersonal and computer skills with the excellence.
- It will be needed to have exceptional keyboard and typing skills.
Education and Qualifications
- The person needs to have a general education or degree from an accredited institution.
- The person needs to have required interest in helping and working with customers.
Popular Job Description Search:
- customer service agent job description
- customer agent job description
- customer service agents job description
- customer service agent job description sample
- service agent job description
- travel agent job description sample
- Customer services agent job description
- job description of customer service agent
- job description for customer service agent
- customer care agent job description
Filed in: Customer service job description