Customer Service Director Job Description and Profile
The Customer Service Director is a highly specialized position and a very responsible position at the same time. The job entails directing employees engaged in accepting and receiving inquiries and calls of the customers. The main responsibility is to direct and coordinate in the customer’s service of the organization. The duty also includes evaluating, investigating, and settling claims and complaints of customers. The director has to take actively part in planning, formulating and developing customer service policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a customer service director:
- A customer service director has to supervise the investigation of complex complaints of the customers.
- It will be needed to resolve the issues such as those relating service or rates in connection with the offered product or service.
- It will be the duty to take part in the sales related activities and rendering administrative support to all activities of sales like processing customer’s orders, keeping sales statistics, supplying product information, supplying price quotations, and related activities.
- He or she needs to analyze the reports of observations and recommending changes to major complicated complaints if required.
- He or she needs to ensure the proper settlement by considering the complexity, requirements, and nature of a complaint.
- He or she needs to maintain the collaboration with manger for the preparation of customer service’s annual service delivery program.
- He or she also needs to prepare the reports such as billing report and the payment and collection report.
- He or she has to prepare the documents as well and authorizing the retention of information which will be used during customer or governmental inquiries.
- It will be needed to perform the basic jobs such as managing the establishment.
- The duty also includes staffing and commissioning of the new centers of Customer Service properly when needed.
Skills and Specifications
There are the required skills and specifications as follows:
- The person needs to be very hard working with the ability to work efficiently in a high demand.
- He or she needs to have team working skills in fast-paced environment.
- The person should be an excellent trouble shooter in the tough situations as well.
- He or she should be able to do the effective management so should have excellent Management skills.
- The other skills required are the solid communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- He or she needs to be very honest and the ability to maintain customer confidentiality.
- He or she should be able to express ideas in clear and concise manner.
- The person needs to have the ability to think tactically and he or she should be able to identify significant success factors and utilize them.
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required for the job is a Bachelor’s degree in any related field from an accredited institution.
- The other required degree is an associate’s degree from a certified college.
- The person needs to have some past working experience in Customer Service activities.
Popular Job Description Search:
- customer service director job description
- director of customer service job description
- sample job description customer service director
- director customer service job description
- head of customer service job description
- job description customer service director
- job description for director of customer service
- director of customer support job description
- director of customer relations job description
- customer service director responsibilities
Filed in: Customer service job description