Retail Customer Service Job Description and Profile
The Retail Customer Service representative is to handle customer questions and complaints related to their store. The job entails responding to the quires regarding the products or services related to the store, they work for. The retail customer service representatives may have to use the emails and phone of customers regarding their quires. The other main responsibility is to provide information to the customers related to the purchasing that help them in making purchasing decisions and resolve any complaints.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the duties and responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by a retail customer service representative as follows:
- The main responsibility is to handle and resolve customer complaints properly.
- He or she needs to obtain and evaluate all the relevant data to handle complaints and inquiries related to the issue.
- He or she needs to deal with the customers directly either by face-to-face, electronically, or telephone and responding to customer inquiries promptly.
- It will be the responsibility to deal with the customers related to offers, discounts, electronic products, groceries, sports, and fashion goods and so on.
- It will be needed to adopt the guidelines established by the retail store to resolve the complaints from customers.
- It will be also the responsibility to verify the customer information to identify the validity.
- He or she has the duty to prepare the reports or inquiry acknowledgements and daily reports to appropriate personnel.
- He or she has to prepare the records of the customer’s transactions and interactions and also needs to maintain them with all the details of comments, inquiries, complaints, and actions taken.
- He or she needs to provide customers with exchanges, refunds, discounts, coupons, or other offers related to their retail store account activity.
- There are many other basic jobs to fulfill such as customer verifications, processing orders, applications, forms, and requests.
- It will be also needed to direct the unresolved issues and requests to the appropriate designated resource.
- He or she has to take actively part in the customer service support departmental meetings regularly.
- It will be needed to contribute and assist in other departments such as maintenance and development of standards, procedures and policies regarding customer service.
Skills and Specifications
There are the following required skills and specifications as follows:
- The person should have required knowledge of goods and services of retail store.
- He or she should be able to deal multiple projects simultaneously and properly as well.
- The other skills required are the strong communication, interpersonal, IT and customer service skills.
- He or she should have the quality to judge things properly and so should have sound practical judgment of priorities.
- It will be very necessary for a person to have the interest in helping and working with customers.
Education and Qualifications
- The person should have done a high school diploma from an accredited institution.
- The basic degree required is only a general education degree.
Popular Job Description Search:
- retail customer service job description
- customer service retail job description
- retail job description
- customer service job description retail
- customer service job description in retail
- retail customer service representative job description
- retail lumber customer service duties and responsibilities
- retail customer service job descr
- retail customer service job discription
- best job descriptions for retail/customer service jobs
Filed in: Customer service job description