Accounts Director Job Profile Job Description
The accounts director has to perform a very vital and responsible job as it is the matter of the accounts of the company. There are a number of divisions of the departments such as controller, comptroller etc…and the accounts director is the person who acts as a blanket term for all functions. The person should be very skillful to do the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of an accounts director:
- The prime responsibility is to manage the entire department of the accounts to control the staffs as well.
- He or she has to oversee the work of the other accountants working in the company.
- He or she has to work as a head of the accounts department so needs to ensure that the work is carried out perfectly.
- He or she has to interpret of either the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- It will be the duty to consult with the other fellow persons about the choices and the crucial matter.
- He or she has to plan the accounting policies and needs to do the designing till the execution of them.
- The duty includes preparing the budget lines for the monthly and annual costs of the company to stay within its budget and avoid going bankrupt.
- He or she si responsible for providing correct financial information, which in the long run helps a company to prosper.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications of an accounts director are as follows:
- The person should be a strategic thinker and a keen manager.
- He or she should have the excellent accounting skills to do the job.
- The person should have a keen eye for precision.
- He or she should be a responsible individual towards his or her work.
- The person should have excellent administrative skills and the ability to do the job perfectly.
Education and Qualifications
- The person needs to have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting with related subjects like Mathematics or Economics from an accredited institution.
- It will be added as an advantage for the person having the Five or ten years of past working experience in related field.