Cruise Director Job Profile and Description
The cruise director has mainly the responsibility to supervise the ship board activities and entertainment factors in a cruise ship. He or she has to arrange the social events on board. The duty also includes taking care of managerial and administrative sectors. He or she has the responsibility to furnish all necessary information to the passengers and ensures that they have a fun- filled experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a cruise director:
- A cruise director has the prime responsibility to direct the different types of passengers’ services.
- The cruise director needs to onboard services to making disembarking announcements.
- It will be the responsibility of a cruise director to serve the passengers in every way that would make them feel comfortable and at ease.
- The cruise director has to ensure that the passengers on cruise trips have their share of enjoyment.
- Managing and overseeing the different departments that would help the cruise to function efficiently.
- It will be needed to organize the reports and information pertaining to ship needs properly and timely.
- He or she would also have to maintain a log report of the important events in the cruise.
- He or she has to keep the staff on the toes to ensure that t they are fulfilling their duties and responsibilities perfectly.
- It will be the duty to organize and supervise the different social events in the cruise properly.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications of a cruise director are as follows:
- The person should be self assured and assertive to do the job.
- He or she needs to be a very responsible individual with confident personality as it is the requirement to do the job.
- He or she should have excellent public speaking skills.
- He or she needs to be able to maintain a calm and composed demeanor in every situation.
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required for the job is a Bachelor’s degree in any subject would do but knowledge of ship’s security measures is imperative.
- He or she needs to have the proficiency in at least one foreign language.
Popular Job Description Search:
- cruise director job description
- cruise ship director job description
- cruise director responsibilities
- job description of a cruise director
- job description cruise director
- cruise director roles and responsibilities
- job description cruise director river vesssel
- job description for cruise director
- What are the managerial duties of a cruise line director?
Filed in: Director job description