Food Service Director Job Profile and Description
The food service director has to take care of the entire establishment of the food service. The first and foremost duty of a Food Service Director is to enjoy each aspect of culinary arts. The person needs to be very great food connoisseurs. The duties of a food service director are to manage the kitchen staff as well as the planning for the food sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a food service director:
- The food service director has the main responsibility to ensure that the food is healthy and palatable with exact flavor conformity by tasting and smelling the food.
- It will be the responsibility to investigate and resolve the complaints rose against the quality, taste and any other factor related to food.
- It will be the duty to oversee the food preparation method to ensure that it is carried out successfully and properly.
- The duty is to maintain proper orders in the kitchen by scheduling staff hours and assigning duties to the staffs.
- The food service director needs to do the effective planning of the menus.
- He or she has to ensure that the items prepared meet the palatability needs and nutritional values perfectly.
- The food service director has the main responsibility to guide and monitor the staff when needed and when required.
- It will be needed to ensure that the standard of the kitchen and the food is maintained properly.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications of a food service director are as follows:
- The person needs to have the organizational capability.
- He or she should have the qualities to be a good leader.
- The person must possess managerial skills to do the effective management.
- He or she should have a very strong sense of smell and taste.
- The person should have a very strong eye for precision towards the work.
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required for the job is a Bachelor’s degree in hotel management.
- It will be an added advantage for the person having special training in culinary sills, public safety and food production.
- The other requirement is having at least five years of past working experience in this field.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Director job description