Funeral Director Job Profile and Description
The Funeral Director seems to be an unusual and weird profession but it is also true that it is highly lucrative due to scarcity of funeral professions. The job is actually very unusual so this is not meant for everyone. There are a number of duties which have to be fulfilled on the funeral ceremony by the funeral director.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a funeral director are as follows:
- The main responsibility is to help the family members and friends of the deceased ones.
- He or she needs to make necessary arrangements for the funeral ceremony.
- He or she has the duty to properly plan the entire activities of the ceremony.
- It will be the duty to plan everything starting from the transportation of the body to the cremation venue to the burying of the body.
- He or she needs to make all the required arrangements for the funeral service- arranging flowers, selecting the funeral location etc.
- He or she has to prepare the dead body for cremation by embalming, dressing and casketing it to aid the grief stricken close ones of the deceased.
- It will be the moral duty to maintain the environment of calm and composure to make the funeral ceremony impart a sublime feel.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person should be very good at managing things and should have excellent management skills.
- He or she should be very knowledgeable about the rituals related to the funeral ceremony.
- It will be needed in a person to be very calm and composed in nature.
- He or she should be able to handle dead bodies.
- He or she should have required knowledge of the problems of infection from the dead bodies and also preventing them.
- The other skills required are the great managerial and administrative skills to do the job.
Education and Qualifications
- The person needs to have a Bachelor’s degree in Mortuary science with related courses like physiology, psychology, anatomy, business management etc from an accredited institution.
- The other requirement is that the person should have adequate training and education in the process of handling dead bodies and its related matters.
Popular Job Description Search:
- funeral director job description
- funeral sales job description
- sample funeral director job description
Filed in: Director job description