Marketing Director Job Profile and Description
The job of a Marketing director is one of the most sought jobs today. Marketing directors have to play a very vital role in the successful running of a company as he or she is responsible for the smooth running of the marketing operations. Business marketing professionals are often accountable for affecting the degree, timing and makeup of client demand as the role varies critically. He or she guides the company about the strategies and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a marketing director:
- The marketing director has to play a role of a market analyst to analyze the needs of the customers.
- He or she has to identify the areas where the products can be marketed with the promotional activities.
- He or she has to take part actively in the strategy planning and the marketing of the business of the company.
- He or she has to work upon the planning of the marketing policy of the company till the execution.
- It will be the duty to build the entire foundation of the brand identity of the company.
- It will be also the responsibility to implement all the trade marketing and direct marketing activities and policies.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person should have the required ability to make strategic plans and policies.
- He or she should be able to maintain the coordination with the different departments of marketing in the company
- He or she must have the tenacity to carry out regular market research.
- The person needs to have exceptional communication skills with the negotiation abilities to build a healthy relation with the media unit.
- He or she needs to be capable of managing and regulating the matters related to marketing section of the company.
Education and Qualifications
- The person needs to have a Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in management with specialization in marketing from an accredited institution.
- It will be added as an advantage for the person having minimum past working experience in the field of marketing.
Filed in: Director job description