PR Director Job Profile and Description
The scope of the job of a PR Director is quite a wide one. It basically depends upon the needs of the company. The main aim is to uphold the company’s reputation and to fulfill all functions to attain the desired goal. There are a wide range of duties and responsibilities with the tasks like maintaining media relations, customer relations, investor relations etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a PR director which she or he has to fulfill:
· The PR director has the main responsibility to broadcast the message of their information to the media to make the company gain more and more publicity.
- It will be every necessary to keep a cordial relation with the media for the betterment of the company by responding to media and organizing the press conferences.
- The PR director needs to maintain the internal communications of the organization as well as the external relations of the company.
- It will be the responsibility to aware the staff of the organization with all the information pertaining to the company.
- He or she needs to prepare for promotional items and other methods of marketing.
- He or she has the duty to organize different events and occasions from annual meetings to press conferences of the company.
Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required in a person to do the job of a PR director:
- The person needs to be an excellent communicator and should have very great communication skills.
- He or she should have a very good sense of customer relations.
- The person should be a very responsible individual towards the work.
- He or she should be a good spokesman to do the job.
- The person should have the ability to do the organization effectively.
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required for the job is a Bachelors’ or master’s degree in administration mass communication, journalism or PR relations.
- It will be an added advantage for the person having at least five years of past working experience in this field.
Popular Job Description Search:
Filed in: Director job description