The tax director has the main responsibility to carry out the study of company’s tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income tax. It will be the aim to carry out the tax related company’s work efficiently. He or she has to maintain the coordination with the other tax professionals and service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a tax director which are expected to be fulfilled by him or her:
- The tax director ahs the prime responsibility to support the company as much as possible in carrying out different types of tax analysis.
- He or she has to analyze the different types of income returns and nature- federal, state and international.
- He or she needs to carry out the audits for the federal and state income tax. Properly and timely.
- It will be needed to take care of state and local filings as well.
- It will be very necessary to maintain the coordination with the accounting for income taxes.
- It will be the duty to collaborate perfectly for the successful carrying out of international subsidiaries.
- It will be the duty to make management free arrangements and also for transfer pricing.
- The most important function is supervising the staff associated with the financial department of the company.
- He or she has to ensure that appropriate accounting is being carried out for income taxes.
- It will be needed to maintain the coordination with the IT staff for technical matters related to tax issues and other clients as well.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications of a tax director are as follows:
- The person should be a responsible individual to do the job.
- He or she should be very farsighted and good planner to do the job effectively.
- He or she needs to be very well versed with different tax systems.
- The person needs to be a great communicator and should have the skills both verbally and written.
Education and Qualifications
- The person needs to have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Taxation from an accredited institution.
- It will be added as an advantage for the person having ten years of past working experience in the related field.
- The other requirement is having five years of past working experience in public accounting firm is an added advantage.