Health Education Associate Job Description and Profile
The Health Education Associate is basically assigned to administer the health activities of specialized schemes. The Health Education associate is responsible for conducting presentations on health education. The job entails planning, evaluating and coordinating the activities and staff members of any public health education scheme or program. He or she needs to administer the schemes like obstetrics, dental disease prevention, tobacco cigarette prevention, animal regulation, car passenger safety and AID health services.
Duties and responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a health education associate which she or he needs to fulfill:
- The prime responsibility is to do the planning, coordination and development of the health education schemes and programs.
- He or she has to prepare the programs for the prevention of diseases and promotion of good health.
- It will be needed to take actively part in the activities in the development of program and project plans as well as objectives and goals.
- He or she has to work for the development of the appropriate procedures and policies with the strategies necessary in the accomplishment of program.
- It will be the duty to do the planning of the objectives and make sure that these comply with State guidelines and standards properly.
- The associate has the responsibility to monitor and control the service and program expenditures.
- It will be needed to work as an assistant in the creation and development of various contracts or the projects.
- It will be the duty to comply the important data necessary for the development of the program’s budget and other strategies.
- The duty to identify the various needs such as staff, supplies, salaries and proposed fund sources and determine them properly to implement and fulfill them.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person needs to have the ability to evaluate health education and other informational requirements of program participants.
- He or she needs to have the ability to conduct surveys and other programs.
- The person should be able to do the work of documentation properly for the development and creation a variety of documents and reports.
- He or she should be capable of collecting and examine the data.
- The other skills required for the job are the drawing of the correct conclusions, and create recommendations.
- The person must know how to plan and implement the services properly.
- He or she should be able to maintain the coordination of the different types of program activities.
- He or she needs to be able to delegate work and evaluate the performance of staff members.
- It will be necessary to have the ability to gain full cooperation and support from the community.
- He or she should have the quality to communicate effectively with the orally and in writing with people for all types of social, economic and ethnic types of backgrounds.
- The person must be able to exercise independent type of judgment.
- He or she should have the ability to categorize health and medical education materials separately.
- He or she should be able to maintain the harmonious work relationships with the staff, agencies and program participants.
Education and Qualifications
· The person needs to possess the valid California Class C Driver’s License.
- He or she should have completed the master’s degree in Public Health with an emphasis in community health education from a school of public health recognized by the American Public Health Association.
Filed in: Education job description