Polygraph Examiner Job Description and Profile
The Polygraph Examiner is basically the one who needs to take the interview and sometimes perform the polygraph examinations. He or she needs to take the interviews of those who are possibly involved in crimes and similar incidents such as suspects and witnesses. The Polygraph Examiner needs to perform related tasks and duties that are required to do. He or she also needs to conduct examinations to job applicants.
Duties and responsibilities
- The polygraph has the prime responsibility to conduct the interview polygraph exam of various applicants for specific types of positions and posts.
- He or she has to have the full access to record information of criminal offender.
- He or she needs to take the interviews suspects, investigators and witnesses properly related to the case.
- It will be needed to get involved in crimes to determine all involved issues within the case.
- The examiner has the responsibility to develop a particular format on interrogation for every case.
- He or she has to conduct and direct the polygraph exams to know whether the subjects are telling the truth or not.
- The person needs to analyze the interviews to understand the end results of interviews.
- He or she has to analyze and oversee the examinations from all polygraph charts.
- It will be needed to prepare the reports and records timely and complete written reports and summaries on the findings of the polygraph examinations.
- He or she has to maintain and keep the polygraph equipments and tape recording machine in good order.
- It will be eth duty to work as an expert to testify the in court in the field of polygraph examinations.
- It will be also very necessary to keep all the records of the examinations and interviews and maintain them properly.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person needs to have the ability to operate a polygraph instrument of various channels.
- He or she should be able to communicate effectively and efficiently both in writing and verbally to the clients and customers.
- He or she should have the excellent analytical skills to analyze the results of polygraph examination.
- The person should be able to determine that if the one who took the exam is truthful or not.
- The person needs to have the required knowledge s about interrogation and interview methods, laws and techniques.
- He or she should be capable of adapting at polygraph practices, principles as well as equipment.
- He or she needs to have all the required knowledge of the psychological and physiological principles that are involved in polygraph exams.
- The person should be proficient in basic functions and mechanics of polygraph tools and instruments properly.
Education and Qualifications
- The important employment requirement of this position is the person needs to have a Certificate of completion of a course given by a Polygraph Center or school which is duly accredited by the leader in the field, American Polygraph Association.
Popular Job Description Search:
- polygraph examiner job description
- Polygraph Coordinator
- polygraph description
- polygraph unit summary of Job
Filed in: Education job description