School Administrator Job profile and description
A school administrator is also known as a school principal. He or she is basically hired in public school and A school administrator needs to fulfill a wide range of duties and responsibilities as he or she is responsible for taking care of the overall school regarding its staff, students, management, policies and all other factors. There are many other duties attached to do the job which have to be fulfilled.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a school administrator as he or she needs to fulfill a very vital and comprehensive job:
- The administrator needs to fulfill the main responsibility of maintaining the coordination with the departments including administration department, teachers and students.
- He or she has the responsibility to look into the student performance records that if they are appropriate.
- It will be the duty to invite parents and guardians for meetings after results or if have to provide any information.
- He or she needs to meet the parents at starting of new session of class or having any discussion about the students.
- A school administrator has the responsibility to take care of problems and issues encountered by students and teachers.
- He or she has to supervise and oversee the functions of the school premises and class.
- It will be the duty to recruit new teachers and interview new students at the time of admission.
- He or she is responsible for directing the teaching staff regarding new policy implementations properly.
- He or she needs to take actively part in monthly meetings with teachers to discuss new points for growth of school.
- It will be also the duty to place advertisements of school in print media to invite more students.
- The school administrator is answerable for any school mismanagement and any issue related to students.
- The person needs to be a post graduate in any stream along with teaching certification from any accredited institution.
- He or she must also have good past working experience in teaching as well which is required.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications for the job are as follows:
- The school administrator needs to do the work of counseling so must have good motivational skills.
- He or she needs to be an effective communicator and must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- He or she needs to have a pleasing personality to do the job.
- He or she needs to be committed towards the growth of education and students properly.
- He or she should have the ability to work in a stressful atmosphere and in the strict deadlines.
- He or she should have the capability to work for long hours.
- It is very necessary for a school administrator to have good management skills to do the effective management.
- The person needs to have excellent problem solving skills in the opposite situations s well.
- A school administrator needs to him or her updated with the latest education policies so should have the ability to do that.
Education and Qualification
Popular Job Description Search:
- school administrator job description
- school administrator job description sample
- job description of a school administrator
- job description school administrator
- job description of school administrator
- job description for school administrator
- duties of a school administrator
- school office administrator job description
- charter school administrator job description
- school administration job description
Filed in: Education job description