Civil Engineer Manager Job Description and Profile
The Civil Engineer Manager is the one who has the responsibility to plan, direct and evaluate the engineering unit. There are a wide range of duties and responsibilities attached to it such as the evaluating engineering unit such as solid waste, flood control and transportation programs. It will be also needed to work as a supervisor to train the members of his or her units and performs other duties properly as and when required.
Duties and Specifications
There are the following duties and responsibilities which are expected to be fulfilled by a civil engineer manager:
- The civil engineer manager has the prime responsibility to plan, schedule and supervise the work properly.
- It is needed to perform the clerical, paraprofessional and professional personnel.
- He or she is also responsible for the major stages of engineering programs.
- The duty includes directing the staff members in designing the plans, drawings, specifications.
- He or she is responsible for the estimation of the public works contracts or projects.
- The duty to inspect the construction work that is performed under contracts.
- He or she needs to supervise the interpretation and application of specifications.
- The other basic jobs which have to be fulfilled are the planning, testing and use of construction materials.
- It is also necessary to do the work related to the reports such as maintenance and up keeping of the work-related reports and records properly.
- He or she has the responsibility to direct the monitoring programs to ensure the full compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
- He or she needs to take part in the preparation of the budget as well.
- It is needed to make sure that the budget is complete within the needed data and justification for such modifications.
- He or she has to maintain the coordination with the entire activities with various company units.
- It is necessary to ensure that the activities are in the compliance with all the federal and state departments.
- It will be needed to work as a representative in the conferences and meetings with other agencies and private organizations.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person needs to have the ability to create clear and concise letters.
- He or she has to prepare the technical reports timely and properly.
- It will be needed to use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation to prepare the reports.
- He or she has to analyze the existing facts to take the appropriate decisions.
- He or she should have the ability to read and interpret studies and reports based upon technical engineering.
- The other capabilities required for the job are the excellence in the calculus, trigonometry and algebra in solving various existing engineering problems.
- It is needed to have the ability to work as a representative and prepare the impressive presentations before appropriate groups or bodies.
- The person needs to have the ability to establish and maintain harmonious and effective work relations.
- He or she should have the ability to effectively deal with proper representatives.
- The person needs to have the required ability to deal with the other groups, organizations and the general public.
- He or she should have the knowledge of accessing and utilizing a variety of computer applications.
Education and Qualifications
- The basic degree required to do the job is bachelor’s degree in the course of civil engineering.
- The person needs to have at last 4 years of past working solid experience in civil engineering field.
- He or she should have registered him or her as a professional civil engineer to do the job.
Popular Job Description Search:
- engineering manager job description
- civil engineering manager job description
- civil manager job description
- civil engineering supervisor job description
- civil engineer manager job description
- civil supervisor job description
- civil engineer supervisor job description
- civil engineering project manager job description
- duties and responsibilities of a civil engineering contracts manager
Filed in: Engineering Job Descriptions