Electrical Maintenance Supervisor Job Profile and Description
The Electrical Maintenance Supervisor is the one who supposed to provide the electrical support to the industrial, commercial and residential facilities. The person needs to go through the job training before being formally inducted to the establishment. He or she needs to work under the supervision of a supervisor or a manager. The job entails providing electrical support and calls for someone who is well versed with safety and other operating norms of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following basic duties and responsibilities of an electrical maintenance supervisor which are needed to be fulfilled:
- The engineer has the prime responsibility to ensure the smooth functioning of all electrical units and equipment.
- It is needed to make sure the facility for the safety of its occupants.
- He or she is responsible for conducting the scheduled checks, inspections, and detecting any short circuits and electrical malfunctions.
- It will be very necessary to perform the basic tasks such as repairing, replacing and refurbishing damaged electrical units, sockets and other parts.
- The main responsibility is to keep the entire factors in mind such as following the stipulated safety procedures and regulations of working.
- The supervisor needs to inform the supervising authority regularly by reporting the electrical faults and submitting maintenance reports timely.
- The responsibility includes placing order for spare parts and maintaining an inventory record of the same.
- The supervisor needs to keep a proper record and all the documents ready for the electrical repair and maintenance works.
Skills and Specifications
The required skills and specifications are as follows:
- The person needs to have the excellent written and verbal communication skills to do the job.
- He or she needs to have the knack and knowledge to detect electrical faults and repair breakdowns properly.
- He or she should be able to effectively use electrical repair and testing tools.
- The person should have the ability to maintain the coordination with the work related activities with other departments of the organization.
Education and Qualifications
- The person should have done a High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- The basic degree required to do the job is a Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree or diploma in electrical engineering or any other related field.
- He or she should possess a valid license to do the job.
- The other requirement is having required prior working 2 – 3 years of experience as an electrical maintenance supervisor.
Popular Job Description Search:
- hotel maintenance job description
- maintenance supervisor job description
- electrical maintenance job description
- electrical maintenance supervisor job description
- electrical supervisor job description
- electrical maintenance supervisor responsibilities
- duty of electrical maintenance
- electronic maintenance supervisor job description
Filed in: Engineering Job Descriptions