Network Engineer Job Profile and Description
The network engineer is the one who needs to supervise computer networks. The job entails creating and setting up the ways in which the network can be configured and managed. The responsibility includes putting together several computers which are centrally connected to a parent computer referred to as a server. There all the programs, files and information in general are stored.
Duties and Responsibilities
There are the following duties and responsibilities of a network engineer:
- The network engineer is responsible for ensuring that the network has been customized.
- It will be the duty to work for the satisfaction of the customer’s wants and needs.
- The network engineer is responsible for adding programs, software and hardware that a company might need while working.
- He or she needs to keep a keen eye on the network performances.
- The responsibility is to identify the problems that arise in within the network such as crashing and then needs to solve them properly.
- He or she has the duty to develop the data retrieval system which is the emergency systems and needs to install them properly.
- He or she needs to maintain the emergency systems properly and timely.
- It is needed to record the computer faced problems that computer users face.
- He or she has to be sure the problem is solved for other future references.
- He or she has the duty to control access to the network.
- It is the duty to install security programs in to the computers.
- He or she has to prevent unauthorized access to privileged data and information.
- The network engineer has the responsibility to update the security programs and do the frequent changing of passwords.
- The engineer has the responsibility to customize the networks to meet client’s needs.
Skill and Specifications
- The person should be able to work with other people.
- He or she should have the ability to work independently and without supervision.
- He or she needs to have the high aptitude to be a network engineer.
- He or she should have the ability to put a keen eye on detail.
Education and Qualifications
- The person needs to have a very strong grasp of Computer Science, Math and Science.
- He or she should b very Familiar with systems of operation such as UNIX, Novell and Microsoft.
- The person needs to have a graduate’s degree in Computer Science to have the advanced carrier.
- He or she needs to have a graduate’s degree in Systems Science.
- The person needs to have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.
- The other required degree is having a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering to have the advanced carrier.
Popular Job Description Search:
- network engineer job description
- network engineer job description sample
- network engineer duties and responsibilities
- network engineer responsibilities
- Job description of network engineer
- Network Engineer description
Filed in: Engineering Job Descriptions